Fusion Trust Driver Education
2017 Street Talk defensive driving course
Learner, restricted and full driver licence holders can attend.
Restricted Licence holders receive a reduction on full licence from 18 months to 12 months, if under 25 years of age.
Over 25 years of age, you can reduce your restricted licence time from 6 months to 3 months.
- The updated Street Talk defensive driving course has been revised to include skills that will help both Learner and Restricted Licence drivers pass the new Driving Tests
- Any Licence holders can now complete this course
- Restricted Licence holders can use the certificate from this course to receive a time reduction on their Restricted Licence from 18 months down to 12 months, if under 25 years of age
- If you are 25 years of age plus, then you can reduce your Restricted Licence time from 6 months to 3 months.
What is Street Talk?
Street Talk is an NZTA (New Zealand Transport Authority) approved course in advanced driving skills. Completing a Street Talk course reduces your full licence period by 6 months.
The Street Talk defensive driving course teaches you driving safety skills. It’s a fun and interactive programme that aims to help you to better understand and cope with risks when you’re driving and improve your driving. Most important of all be a safer driver.
This course helps you develop:
- advanced driving skills
- better control
- hazard identification
- the ability to make the right decisions
- the ability to manage risk
- prepares you for the restricted and full licence tests.
You will be provided with a logbook.
Note: Learner Licence holders will need access to a supervisor i.e parent to complete the practical assignment in this course. We also strongly recommend a minimum 40 driving hours/and or held this licence for at least 4 months before starting the course.
Why you should attend a defensive driving course
Whether you’re on your learner or restricted licence, you’ll still reduce the time to your full licence by 6 months.
Yes, you can drive yourself on a restricted licence &emdash; but only at certain times or with an experienced driver. You can’t take your family, or your friends, anywhere. You can’t be on the road between 10pm and 5am without risking fines, demerit points or being uninsured if something happens.
It’s for your own safety, but wouldn’t it be great to reduce months off this time? The answer is right here plus this course is New Zealand Transport Authority approved.
We’re based locally in the Canterbury area, covering Kaikoura to Ashburton
What do I need?
To hold a current learner, restricted of full licence.
When and where are the courses held?
Courses are held monthly, including school holidays. The table shows our schedule of upcoming courses, times and locations.
How much does it cost?
The course costs $175 and comprises 4 two hour in-classroom sessions plus a 1 hour one-on-one-in-car session with a qualified driving instructor.
How can I pay?
Payment can be made using online banking, by cheque (made out to Fusion Trust) or cash (please don’t send in the mail).